“For the first time, U.S. airports would be required to develop detailed plans to deal with crises like last year’s Fort Lauderdale airport shootings, under legislation introduced Monday by U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz,” writes Megan O’Matz in their recent SunSentinal article entitled “Airport safety bill introduced in response to Fort Lauderdale shootings.”
According to O’Matz, “the legislation requires major airports to build expansive operation centers in which police, airport managers, airline representatives and others can work side by side, using advanced technology to monitor airport activities and respond more quickly to emergencies.”
“The legislation also forces airports to submit security plans to the U.S. Transportation Security Administration that include detailed training programs for active threats, crowd management, mass evacuations, and restarting operations. The congresswoman wants airports nationwide to improve how they communicate information in a crisis to airlines, passengers, ground transportation crews, the media and others,” the article explains.
We could not agree more.
Every life counts, and it’s your responsibility to put the best practices in place on your property to ensure the safety of your customers – passengers and visitors.
O’Matz continues later in the article that “four South Florida Democratic representatives have signed on as co-sponsors of Wasserman Schultz’s bill, called the Airport Advanced Logistics, Emergency Response and Training Act — or ALERT.”
This legislation sounds like Proactive Operations to us.
What do you think?
One thing is for sure: you need to be ready for it – and we’re going to help!
Now Is the Time for Proactive Planning
The filing of the ALERT bill should already get you motivated to take action.
Yes, you want to be ready for when (remember, a proactive mindset!) this legislation goes in place.
But, you should be prepared even if it doesn’t.
It’s the right thing to do to keep your customers safe.
Now, you’re probably asking: why is it ‘smart’ to fund a project that might not be required or put into law?
Well, think about it this way.
The news is out on this bill, right? That means it already has and will continue to hit the public consciousness.
We’re confident you know how that works and what the effect is.
Once your customers know this is possible – and that a solution for employing ALERT initiatives on your property exists – all eyes will be on your team to prove you’ve put the right plan in place.
You’re now liable for the consequences.
There’s no question: all airports need a proactive operations platform as their solution.
It’s time to implement a solution.
Are you ready?
A World-Leading Airport Operations Solution
We’re not sorry to tell you this:
You’re making the wrong decision – a very wrong one – by not implementing operations management software for your Airport.
But, there’s good news.
The solution exists.
We can help you get started too!
Let’s get proactive, so that whether the bill passes or not (and we believe it will), your airport stands strong with every aspect of Proactive Operations covered.
- Strategy – Awareness, Communication, Documentation, Analytics (The ACDA Principle™)
- Infrastructure – “build expansive operation centers in which police, airport managers, airline representatives and others can work side by ”
- Technology – “using advanced technology to monitor airport activities and respond more quickly to ”
Now, you’ve got everything covered with a little help from your friends here at 24/7 Software.
But, that’s not all.
The good news keeps coming.
A proactive solution will bring even more value to your property than what is required by the ALERT bill. An airport operations solution you’ll want to be implemented can do so much; it’ll give you the ability to:
- Manage issues and incidents in real time with confidence, knowing the operation is aware of and in control of everything occurring at your airport
- Engage in confidential two-way communication with passengers and visitors, and staff at the speed-of-type™ – we’re talking milliseconds
- Effortlessly automate and streamline maintenance functions to increase equipment uptime and lifetime
- Schedule, then hold maintenance and security teams accountable during location inspections and guard tours, respectively
- Ensure lost and found items are easy to report and match, maximizing the return-to-owner ratio and customer satisfaction
- Maximize the customers’ experience with immediate response to their requests
- Expertly manage important operational tasks for each day, so nothing gets missed
- Track staff activities such as lunch breaks and meetings efficiently to keep the operation accountable and running smoothly
- Validate and bulletproof existing credentials and access for customers and vendors
The value is precise, and we want to alert you of the necessity to employ Proactive Operations and implement a world-leading solution.
You must do this to keep your property safe.
So, are you ready to take action?
Over to You
We’re confident the ALERT bill gets passed as legislation. Why? It makes sense and is critical to the short- and long-term effort of getting all airport operations moving in the right direction to enhance real-time communications, maximize experience, and reduce risk.
You must be proactive about your initiative. Employ Proactive Operations and supplement it with operations management software – it’s the solution your airports.
Will you be ready?