Your first event of the season is underway.
The house is packed.
You can feel the energy moving through the halls.
The sales team did a great job filling the seats – and your suites.
Every suite is full of excited customers.
But, you’re still nervous about service, even with all of today’s potential for revenue generation.
You know what’s going to happen an hour into the event once your VIPs and suite customers go through their food and beverages.
They’ll need more stuff.
But, your staff won’t be able to handle the influx of special customer requests coming through the phones.
How do you know this?
You don’t have a scalable way to handle requests.
If your staff is running around doing other important tasks, your customers will have to wait until they come back to their location to make any requests.
That’s right; your team can handle an average volume with their phones, radio, and a checklist.
But when the volume kicks up – things get overwhelming, and efficiency declines.
They forget things and lose track of what was completed.
Your VIPs call in, each time with more frustration.
You need to get your customer requests under control.
But, how can you do this?
You need request tracking software.
It lets you handle special customer requests with maximum efficiency.
Keep reading; we’ll break it down for you.
REQUEST TRACKING SOFTWARE: #1 TOOL TO HANDLE SPECIAL CUSTOMER REQUESTS
Request tracking software exists to help you eliminate the problem of overlooked customer requests.
Managers need a user-friendly process to ensure their staff can dispatch and respond to customer needs efficiently.
Solution providers have modeled a system you can easily do this.
You could organize all aspects of your customer services operation, and you can do all this for your specific needs.
Proactive web-based solutions allow a special customer request to be submitted three ways:
- The most efficient way to enter request details is via a short form that can be pushed into a queue within seconds. Your staff can then return to the details later and complete additional information if necessary. Your employees effortlessly input the required details, reducing the time it takes to deliver.
- Enter comprehensive customer service request information using a long form option provided in the more advanced solutions you’ll find. When, what, where, who it’s assigned to, who is reporting, comments and notes and documents can be added to your long forms. This ability will provide you with historical records for future analysis.
- Staff uses their mobile apps to submit a customer request via their hand-held mobile device from anywhere on your property.
SURPASS CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS
All the features of these software solutions collectively give you the functionality to be proactive on event day (or even during the day-to-day operations on your property).
Inefficient processes and overlooking the needs of your customers can stay in the past. Do you agree?
Cumbersome methods are out-of-date when you use these solutions.
Your problems with customer expectations are resolved.
Operational efficiency and customer satisfaction is a rewarding effect.
This ability ensures your property’s requests are not overlooked.
- An excellent feature of these solutions is confirmation that a request was received, dispatched, and completed can be sent to requesting customers via text message, leading to a memorable experience.
- Request reminders can also be sent via text and email to your team so that they have record when the request was needed and when it was performed.
An increase in customer satisfaction and efficient staff allocation is the return on investment you’ll see immediately!
Accountability and awareness are present.
Your staff is empowered with need-to-know information so the tasks they’re responsible for, get done.
From the start of the initial request to delivery of your customer’s needs, every team member is aware of the execution of tasks.
IDENTIFY IMPROVEMENT AREAS THROUGH ANALYSIS
There’s no question; we’re advocates of analytics and measuring your operation for continuous improvement.
When choosing a system for your operation, make sure the reporting features allow you to generate comprehensive reports so you can review all critical statistics.
Analyzing these reports should be simple and give you the ability to see data on an array of charts.
Being strategic means taking advantage of your comprehensive reports for tracking, managing, and analysis.
- Measure the performance of your operation
- Look at what’s working and what needs to be improved
- Identify all issues with response times
Make better decisions using analytics.
OVER TO YOU
Your VIPs and suite customers generate a lot of revenue for your property. You need to handle their special customer requests to ensure they keep coming back.
Implement request tracking software giving your team a scalable way to handle all-important customer requests with ease.
So, are you ready to use the best way to exceed customer expectations?
Editor's note: This post was originally published in June 2017 and has been updated for comprehensiveness and freshness.