“Today’s event is going rock,” you tell your team.
You’ve got sponsorship dollars coming in by the droves.
This makes the executive team jubilant.
Your boss’s bosses are happy, which means your department got extra money for this budget cycle.
Being proactive, you already had the money earmarked and spent as soon it was available.
Prior to today, you had only become aware of a ton of incidents after they happened.
So, you went out and got a text communication system.
You’re all trained and setup, and ready to get a handle on incidents while they’re happening.
Good for you!
Everyone is anticipating the increased efficiency.
“Once those gates open, get ready for an uptick in activity,” you remark for the final statement of your team meeting.
It’s 9 AM.
The common incidents come through the radio.
But you’re not noticing any increase in reporting.
You let it go and chalk it up as nothing critical.
12:30 PM rolls around.
Most fans are now rushing into the stadium bowl at this point, looking for their seats, and getting ready for the 1 PM game start.
You’re still getting the numerous radio calls from your team.
They’re dealing with incidents, but all seems status quo.
Where’s the increase from the text system?
Now, you’re wondering what’s going on – where are all the texts?
You’ve implemented such a great system.
Your team is well trained and ready.
You decide not to make any irrational changes and to wait it out through the first quarter.
It’s the end of the first quarter.
Your text communication was announced once over the speakers at the beginning of the game.
But you’ve received nothing.
Why is this happening?
TEXT COMMUNICATION IS A TIME-OF-NEED SYSTEM
A texting solution is robust.
But, it’s also unique.
It requires a thought-out deployment, or its value is wasted.
It requires corresponding signage to be affixed throughout your property.
Why is this necessary?
Text communication is a time-of-need solution, which means that your customers will only look for information about your system when they need it.
So, when the time is right, your signage needs to be ready and available.
We get it, though; your property needs the space to generate revenue through sponsorship advertising.
But, there’s no point in having a texting solution if it’s never used.
If it’s not used, the whole operation (and your customers) suffer.
Bad things start to happen as a result.
- High-priority Incidents and issues slip through the cracks repeatedly
- Unruly employees become prevalent and get away with smoking on the job or even stealing
- Upset customers call and complain the next morning because nothing was resolved in real time, or even the same day
These are only three examples, and they're examples that are bad for your property.
You don’t need these headaches.
You need signage!
Here’s the good news.
There are many ways you can promote your texting solution without forfeiting your advertising opportunities.
In fact, we’ve identified 21 ways you can disseminate your system to get the most value out of it in a popular eBook. Click here to download it now.
Learn how to pull the most value out of your system.
SIGNAGE IGNITES A TEXT SYSTEM’S USE
Your signage is in place.
Whether you’ve affixed signage throughout the property or went another route like promoting it on pizza boxes and beverage containers – you’re in good shape.
Now, experience the outstanding value of your system you’ve been missing surface.
- A family ordered food from the concessionaire near section 122, and while walking back to their seats, they hear screaming. It appears a group is edging closer towards a fight.
- The family notices your text system’s signage on the wall near the concession, their pizza box, and their beverages. The dad hands the pizza box to the mother and whips out his phone.
- He discretely sends a text message with vital information and location details of the incident happening now: “Big fight starting near section 122 restrooms. Hurry!”
- The color-coded visual representation of every message by status (new, pending, closed) lets your team respond to this high priority issue immediately.
- Your team also sends the incident to your incident management system, identifies appropriate resources, and communicates it to the need-to-know responders.
- The necessary teams arrive on-scene and get the fight under control before it got out of control.
Your team can take over once the message enters your system.
They can do what they’re good at.
What they’re trained to do.
- How’s that for value earned by a proactive solution?
- Do you see the importance of signage now?
Your biggest challenge might’ve been getting the text messages to your system.
But now it doesn’t have to be because customers know about your system when it matters most.
They know about it when they need it!
OVER TO YOU
This situation might be a hard pill to swallow. It can be overwhelming to invest in a new solution and learn that you need to make additional changes to your operation to get an ROI. But, it’s necessary.
Use this article as a guide for your property’s deployment of Text Communication signage. We’ve got a plethora of creative ways you can promote your solution to customers all over your property – in a way that works best for you.
So, are you ready to start using signage and stop wasting your solution?
Editor's note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been updated for comprehensiveness and freshness.