Keeping your property humming is a must.
You’ve got this primary responsibility. But, it’s wearing you down.
The cost to maintain equipment is breaking the bank.
One thing after another is breaking, and when that happens, you have to fix it or buy a new one!
Fixing the problem costs a lot of money. That’s your biggest issue, right?
But, you can ‘fix’ the more significant problem.
By using a CMMS with preventive maintenance (PM).
It’s your operations best solution to this recurring setback.
This software will help you counter the cyclical problems of having to fix or buy new equipment.
It will help you reduce downtime and increase your efficiency, which takes your maintenance operation from a cost center to a profit center.
Wouldn’t it be nice to know your property is running smoothly?
We think so, which is why we’ve put together the following insights on how PM software can help your property boost uptime.
Are you ready? Let’s get to it.
7 Ways to Increase Your Property’s Uptime
Forecasting is a practice often overlooked by busy leaders.
It makes sense why you wouldn’t have time for finding ways to increase efficiency when you’re always stressed.
You’re looking for equipment failures and tracking down problem employees.
Do you feel like you’re cleaning up the mess and putting things back together?
Many leaders still wait for the next piece of equipment to break before using necessary resources to fix it.
It’s not that you don’t want to be proactive. You just haven’t figured out the right way to do it, or you don’t have the best software at your fingertips.
We get it; this can be quite frustrating.
So, here are seven ways to quickly improve your uptime and maximize the efficiency of your maintenance operation:
- Outline, and then prioritize work to be done with the purpose of eliminating operational waste. Reduce steps and unnecessary tasks that are slowing your operation down and costing you money.
- Identify mission-critical activities and tasks. Then, develop checklists inclusive of specific steps for completing them. These steps must supplement #1 on this list. Use only value-added steps to complete
- Give your team the necessary equipment and materials to complete work assigned to them. Having the right tools reduces their stress, which as we know, supports efficiency.
- Schedule work to be done for each type of equipment. This project requires your time and effort but also ensures that nothing gets missed down the road.
- Hold everyone accountable to ensure that all work is completed as planned, and on time.
- Inspect (a critical aspect of preventive maintenance) equipment for the possibility of additional maintenance to be conducted. This proactivity is how you prevent equipment failure before it fails.
- Document the work details for work orders, inspections, activities, and all tasks for long-term analysis. Keep that feeling of anxiety alive to find ways to increase uptime for more extended periods of time.
Use preventive maintenance to get the best results you can. Drive your operation clear from the negative characteristics of cost centers.
Increase efficiency to move closer to your goal of not only boosting uptime but also becoming a proactive operation.
Tap Into the Ideal Maintenance Software
You have our seven recommended ways to increase your uptime.
Make it a priority to act quickly and implement them today.
Now, use your preventive maintenance software as the medium to accomplish the ultimate goal of reducing waste and increasing profits.
- Execute your plan in order to increase uptime and save money.
- Use preventive maintenance software to employ Proactive Operations.
In the past, properties waited for their equipment to fail, we all know this.
But today, we don’t hear it as often.
Proactive leaders are finally finding ways to prevent these shortcomings before they occur.
Counteracting the problems associated with over utilized equipment and overworked leaders can be accomplished through preventive maintenance.
Your property is an ever-changing environment with existing and new engineers, technicians, vendors, materials, and equipment often requiring training or additional attention to detail.
Keeping everything up-to-code or achieving proper safety standards ensures that you stay compliant.
If you don’t, you’ll probably be replaced, or your organization might go out of business altogether.
That’s a huge responsibility and a lot of stress for you. Agree?
If you don’t currently have software in place, now is the best time to get in gear.
Efficiency is what gets you to where you need to be. Software like this helps you achieve that ability.
3 Simple Actions for Success
Use these three actions with your preventive maintenance software.
They’re a substantial step in the right direction for increasing uptime and reducing waste in every aspect of your operation.
- Identify what needs to be done.
- Prioritize it.
- Complete it.
Removing questions gives you the answers. It also helps you know what needs to be tracked and maintained.
Your ‘frequency of execution’ is the key here. You’ll know how often you need these activities to be done.
Now, defective equipment that leads to excessive downtime is a problem of the past.
Reduce Waist to Improve Uptime
You must lead your organization to effective equipment usage, improved material inventory levels, workforce distribution, and increased operational uptime.
Be a well-managed (and profitable) property.
Executing your plans using your PM software will result in the efficiency required to be a successful leader.
Your software can help you achieve Proactive Operations in various ways, but the following can offer immediate results.
- Centrally organize and manage your preventive maintenance activities.The details of your maintenance can be recorded, tracked, and maintained from one location. Imagine controlling your preventive maintenance from one activity detail. Now that’s efficiency.
- All work to be done, tasks, materials, labor, and equipment needed, in one place. Less time is being spent on the computer and more time is being spent walking your property and getting work completed.
- Easily create schedules, then view them in a calendar to give yourself the bird’s-eye view you need to understand and coordinate maintenance initiatives.Add activities to the specific date and make changes as needed.
Now, you’ll have a complete understanding of what’s occurring throughout your property.
You know what’s being done and when it’s being done, and that makes everything run so much more comfortable for you.
Do you agree?
Over to You
One thing you might’ve noticed in this article is that we don’t only focus on the importance of using preventive maintenance.
Your operation requires more than software. It’s necessary to implemented software using a Proactive Operations mindset.
This approach forces you to consider the various aspects of your operation that need attention, and the processes in place that can help or counter your efficiency.
Have a plan, put it in place, and use your software to realize the uptime your property needs.