Do you have a “storage room” for all lost and found items that’s disorganized?
We bet this scenario caused your blood pressure to increase just from reading it.
You’d think by now that you’d have your lost and found situation under control.
But you don’t.
It’s frustrating, too, because other projects keep moving to the top of your list.
OK, let’s stop for a moment and get this under control then.
It doesn’t take long.
In no time, you can leverage lost & found software throughout your entire operation.
You can make the headache of managing lost and found items, claimed items, and all associated information easy.
There’s not much more to it – you need a software solution to change your process.
Are you ready to be successful?
Great, let’s leverage some top-notch software!
4 WAYS TO LEVERAGE LOST & FOUND SOFTWARE
There’s no question, a lost and found solution can give you and your team immeasurable value.
These systems are so robust!
Question: is it necessary for you to use a system that lets you build the best possible relationship with your customers?
We hope your answer is a resounding, “Yes!”
Your customers’ experience is the ultimate goal.
Your team’s ability to provide value for customers should be effortless.
From implementation to delivering customers their lost item, you want to look good.
You also want your team to be happy with the way things are running.
You can start using a progressive solution or better use your current system.
You can start managing lost and found the smart, professional way.
Most importantly, you can leverage your system in these four ways with Proactive Operations as the final goal:
- Have your customers report lost items right from your website. This gives them a convenient way to submit a claim from the comfort of their home.
- Eliminate storage chaos by printing storage tags, organizing items, and emailing receipts to customers. You’re eliminating waste, removing inefficiencies, and executing a systematic plan for ensuring customers’ items are returned to them on time.
- Have full and consistent digital records at your fingertips to track and manage lost and found claims with ease. Here at 24/7 Software, we love digital documentation and all its compelling value for operations. That’s why we love the recording capabilities of progressive lost and found solutions. Keep from losing lost and found items – within your lost and found department.
- Efficiently get lost items back to their owner by matching lost items to found items in seconds. Let the system do the heavy lifting for your team while they enjoy all the praise.
Putting a system in place will immediately result in a positive impact on customer loyalty, increased efficiency, and of course, Proactive Operations for all.
Think about this for a moment:
- Your team is efficient, your stress is gone, and your customers are happy.
Your customers are excited to return to your property.
Your employees look forward to coming to work, knowing you’ve given them the tools to be successful.
But we don’t want to stop here.
Yes, we’ve given you four quick and useful ways to use your solution.
But, there’s more to these solutions and the ways to leverage them.
LOST & FOUND EQUALS LONG-TERM VALUE AND LOYALTY
The importance of leveraging your software goes beyond these four ways.
It’s also how these qualities are interconnected.
The functionality of your system and how every aspect works together is a primary factor in leveraging a system.
With lost & found software in place, you have a significant advantage – you’re paperless!
Removing pen and paper from the equation reduces waste and helps eliminate all inefficiencies that slow your operation down.
You’ll have ‘order’ because you’ve eliminated a disorganized lost and found department.
No more paper, say goodbye to cluttered storage bins, and say hello to Proactive Operations.
Your team is going to be willing and able to use the system.
They’ll feel empowered and be empowered with the best solution.
Do you see how these four qualities enhance a system’s value?
You can manage all aspects of your operation to provide a positive lost and found experience for your customers and staff.
We often forget how important it is for our staff to believe in a system and use it.
The value starts with your employees appropriately and efficiently leveraging the system.
Leverage a system to accomplish so much with ease. It’s that simple.
- Identify your storage locations to remove ambiguity from your operation.
- Print receipts to give to your customers and connect them to their lost item.
- Correctly manage found items to ensure they get into the hands of the correct owner. It doesn’t look good when you give the wrong item to the wrong customer.
- Have relevant documents and images of items in one place, accessible at any time. Centralize your information quickly and easily to manage a few - or many - things.
- Know the status of lost and found items for maximum efficiency. When an item is reunited with its owner, you can move on to the next item with confidence.
- Provide your customers with an online form to submit lost item details from the comfort of their home. We bring this up again because it keeps your customers happy and your employees on the right course. No one is bogged down from too many phone calls or miscommunication between staff members and customers. This offers adequate follow-up and follow-through.
One fundamental trait to note is: all of this information can be accessed from anywhere anytime using a modernized system.
HOW DOES YOUR SOLUTION STACK UP?
Now that you know the value lost & found software can help provide, it’s time to take action.
They can work wonders for your operation – in a big way.
You only need to use the system.
To put your efforts in motion, we have seven essential questions for you:
- How does your lost and found department “stack up?”
- Has your lost and found department been overlooked?
- Do you have a system in place for handling lost and found?
- Are pen and paper the way you manage lost and found operation in the 21stcentury?
- What are your customers saying about your ability to reunite them with their possessions?
- Do your customers complain that they’re overwhelmed with lost items calls and ambiguous processes?
- Have you already achieved Proactive Operations, and if not, are you willing to put in the work?
Your lost and found department is more important than you might think.
Or maybe you already understand that, seeing as how you’re reading this article.
You probably already know that it directly impacts the feelings, memories, and experience of your customers.
OVER TO YOU
It’s unbelievable how such a simple solution can provide your operation with so much value. Stop worrying about your lost and found today. Ensure your success and leverage a software solution that takes the headaches out of customer service.
So, are you going to leverage lost & found software to succeed?
Editor's note: This post was originally published in February 2018 and has been updated for comprehensiveness and freshness.